This is a recipe that I found in a cookbook years ago. It is a recipe that my oldest daughter and I love to make together. It is quite simple to make and tastes really good. If you don’t like blue cheese dressing you can always substitute it with ranch dressing.
- 1 package (9 ounces) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 1 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon, minced fresh parsley
- 4 hoagie buns, split
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- Dash salt and pepper 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese dressing
- In a large skillet, combine the chicken, 1/4 cup butter, hot sauce, barbecue sauce and chili powder.
- Cook, uncovered, over low heat for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the garlic, parsley and remaining butter; spread over cut sides of buns.
- Place on a baking sheet; broil 8 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spoon chicken mixture onto bun bottoms; top with lettuce, celery, salt, pepper, tomatoes and salad dressing.
- Replace bun tops.