Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 c Butter or margarine
- 1 t Vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 c Flour; unbleached
- 1 x Confectioners’ sugar
- 3/4 c Sugar
- 1 1/2 t Almond extract
- 1 c Almonds; ground
- Beat together butter and sugar until very light and fluffy.
- Blend in extracts.
- Mix in flour and almonds.
- Using about 1 T of dough for each, shape into logs and bend into crescents.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes at 350 degrees F until light brown.
- While warm, roll crescents in confectioners’ sugar.
- Cool on racks and store in a tightly sealed container.
- Makes 3 dozen cookies.