- 5 Russet potatoes, cut into strips
- 150g feta cheese (5 oz.)
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- chopped parsley for garnish
- olive oil
- vegetable oil for frying (optional)
- To make this super easy Greek fries recipe, start by preparing the potatoes. Wash and peel the potatoes and cut into strips. At first slice the potatoes lengthwise into 1/2 cm (1/4 inch) slices and then cut each slice into strips. Place the potatoes in a large bowl with plenty of water to cover them.
- Now it’s time to make a decision. Greek fries can be either fried or baked (for a healthier version).
- If you choose to bake your Greek fries, then layer a large baking tray with parchment paper and pour in 2-3 tbsps of olive oil. Place the tray in the oven and preheat at 200C (400F).
- As soon as your oven is well preheated, drain and dry the potatoes and remove the baking tray from the oven. Place the potatoes on the baking sheet and season with salt and dried oregano. Toss the potatoes around to get them coated with the oil (add some more oil if necessary) and layer them evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake the potatoes for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on size, until golden and crispy.
- For the topping of the Greek fries use crumbled feta cheese, chopped red onions, and chopped tomatoes. Sprinkle with dried oregano and chopped parsley and squeeze over just a little bit lemon juice.