Everyone loves to eat Chinese food every once in awhile but who has the time to actually make their own? Well, with this simple recipe anyone can do just that. Not only will you thank yourself later for making your own but your family will come to love your style even more. Just think about the money and the time you can save by making your own. Then there is no second guessing on what ingredients is actually used in making your favorite dish.
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1½ cup cornstarch
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup canola oil
Orange Chicken Sauce Ingredients
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 3 Tablespoons White Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 Tablespoon Grated Orange Peel
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- In separate bowls, place cornstarch and slightly beaten eggs. Dip chicken into cornstarch then coat in egg mixture. (yes you dip the chicken first in the cornstarch. I promise this method is amazing.)
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken until browned. Place the chicken in a 9 x 13 greased baking dish.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together brown sugar, orange juice, sriracha, apple cider vinegar, grated orange peel, white vinegar, soy sauce, garlic salt, and cornstarch. Pour over chicken and bake for 1 hour.
- I stir the chicken every 15 minutes so that it coated them in the sauce.