Chicken Alfredo has never tasted this good. This recipe is really simple to make and can be prepared ahead of time. Everyone in your family will love this.
- 1 pound penne pasta noodles, or pasta of choice
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and diced
- 2 cups of broccoli, steamed
- Three Cheese Alfredo Sauce:
- ½ cup butter
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream (2 cups)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- optional- shredded Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the three cheese Alfredo sauce. In a large skillet add butter, heavy whipping cream, and cream cheese. Cook over medium heat and whisk until melted. Add the minced garlic, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Continue to whisk until smooth. Add the grated Parmesan cheese. Bring to a simmer and continue to cook for about 3-5 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Add mozzarella cheese and stir until melted.
- Add the pasta to the skillet and toss to coat. Add cooked chicken and broccoli. Toss to coat and serve immediately. Garnish with shredded Parmesan cheese if desired.
When I am short on time I buy frozen broccoli and steam it in the microwave, and pre cooked chicken from the store and this delicious meal comes together in 15 minutes! I also half the recipe and freeze the other half in a casserole dish and top with extra cheese and bake it for another night.