- Diced chicken
- Bell pepper
- Broccoli and cauliflower florets
- Green beans or mange tout
- Button or chestnut mushrooms
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oyster sauce
- Soy sauce
- Lemon (or lemon juice)
- Spring onion
How to cook it (take note, there are all estimates. I don’t measure).
1) Marinate the chicken in soy sauce and lemon juice. Add a little bit of salt and pepper.
2) Sautee the chicken (plus the marinade) using onion, garlic, and tomato.
3) Once the chicken is half cooked, add the mushrooms, a little oyster sauce and a little bit of soy sauce (probably about 3/4 to a spoon of each)
4) After about a minute, add about half a cup of water. Let it simmer.
5) Gradually add the vegetables (I am not too certain about the order, but I do carrots and green beans first, then add the florets).
6) Season to taste (I love black pepper. I always put a lot of it).
7) Add spring onion to garnish. I would sometimes add butter at some point, but it’s not necessary.
You can also add young corn and asparagus. They blend well with the rest. Should you wish to have a thicker sauce, you can always add some corn starch whilst cooking. (hot water + about a spoon of cornstarch, let it ‘’dissolve’’ then add to the mixture).
Also note, that this is how I cook it. I hope there aren’t any objections. Every step of it is modifiable.