Here it is, another Friday night, another night have trying to figure out what to cook. Not wanting to cook the same thing for the millionth time. I had previously seen some recipes on Facebook and Pinterest about stuffing chicken breasts with various things. My son Alex is visiting for the weekend so I had to make something that I know he will at least try to eat. I found this recipe for cream cheese stuffed chicken.
I found this recipe to be fairly simple to make. As with any other recipe you can revise it to your liking or needs. The original recipe called for onions but I used onion powder instead.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 2-3 strips of bacon, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon or more parsley (fresh or dried)
- 1 small onion (I used 1 tablespoon of onion powder)
- dash of garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
Of course you need to heat the oven to 400 F
- If you are using onions, you will need to chop it up along with the fresh parsley. This is another reason why I used onion powder. I also used dried parsley that is already cut up. Saves time and energy.
- Mix onion, parsley, bacon and spices with the cream cheese. I also added shredded cheese to my mixture.
- Cut a fairly deep slit lengthwise down the the middle of each chicken breast.
- Spread the 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture in each breast.
- Bake chicken for at least 30 to 35 minutes.
I served my Cream cheese stuffed chicken with garlic mashed potatoes and corn. I also sprinkled the top of the chicken with some Tony Chachere Cajun season to help give it some flavor.