Sticky and Easy Honey Garlic Chicken made simple, with the most amazing 5-ingredient honey garlic sauce that is so good you’ll want it on everything!
- 6 chicken thighs, bone in or out, with or without skin*
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, to season
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup water (or chicken broth)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder; set aside.
- Heat a pan or skillet over medium-high heat; sear chicken thigh fillets or breast fillets on both sides until golden and cooked through.
- Reduce heat after searing on both sides, cover skillet with a lid and continue cooking until the chicken is cooked through while turning every 5 minutes until done. Alternatively, see notes for the oven method.
- Drain most of the excess oil from the pan, leaving about 2 tablespoons of pan juiced for added flavor.
- When chicken is done and cooked through, arrange chicken skin-side up in the pan (if cooking with skin); add the garlic between the chicken and fry until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Add the honey, water, vinegar and soy sauce. Increase heat to medium-high and continue to cook until the sauce reduces down and thicken slightly (about 3-4 minutes).
- Garnish with parsley and serve over vegetables, rice, pasta or with a salad.
**For oven baked, bone-in thighs: Preheat oven to 400°F or 200°C. Sear chicken in an oven proof skillet or pan, skin side down first for 3 minutes. Flip and sear for a further 3 minutes until browned each side. Then bake in the oven for a further 20-25 minutes, until completely cooked through and no longer pink inside. Continue directions from the sauce, onwards.