IRC (Internet Relay Chat) is a great way to interact with people from all over the globe. There are many different networks that a person can join and engage in the act of chatting.
What is exactly is an IRC Client and where can you download one from?
An IRC Client is what you use to connect to a server that is hosting a chat network. Some clients are only available to certain types of operating systems. Below you will find a list of different clients you can use and what platform you can use them on.
- mIRC (windows)
- HexChat (Linux, macOS X, Windows)
- AdiIRC (Linux, macOS X, Windows)
- WeeChat (Linux, macOS X, Windows)
- Pidgin (Linux, macOS X, Windows)
- textual (mac)
- Xchat Azure (mac)
- Quassel IRC (Linux, macOS X, Windows)
- colloquy (mac)
What is an IRC Network and where to find one?
An IRC Network consists of one or more IRC servers that form a virtual chat network together. Below you will see a list of different networks.
- Undernet : pipera.ro.eu.undernet.org or irc.undernet.org for round robin
- EvilNet : saints.evilnet.org for round robin use irc.evilnet.org
- Rizon irc.rizon.fun or irc.rizon.net
Where to find #undernetkitchen on IRC?
If you haven’t guessed it already, UndernetKitchen is on the network called Undernet. Undernet is the 2nd largest IRC Network. Once you connect to Undernet you will join the channel by using the command /j #undernetkitchen or /join #undernetkitchen.