This recipe was given to us by Awefulsir. So I would like to say thank you for sharing it. It looks like an easy recipe to put together. It takes about 20 minutes to prepare it. So this is one recipe that is best to make right before you serve your meal for the evening. Not only does the lemon juice add flavor to this great dish but it also keeps the lettuce fresh after being cut. Normally lettuce will brown otherwise.
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers (any color), diced
- Juice of 1 lemon (to taste)
- 1 ½ tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Toss tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, and bell peppers with Italian seasoning, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- The salad is ready to eat or refrigerate until ready to serve.