Prep 10 m
Cook 10 m
Ready In 20 m
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, or as needed
- Mix mashed potatoes, flour, onion, egg, black pepper, and salt together in a bowl until batter consistency.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Drop 4-inch circles of batter into hot oil.
- Cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining batter.