One of our family’s all-time favorites. Make it as spicy or mild as you please. It is hearty on a cold winter’s night. If you are cooking for a crowd, this recipe can easily be doubled. Be sure to serve this with cornbread!
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, sausage, and onion; drain.
- In a large pan, combine rice mix and 2 cups of water.
- Add diced tomatoes and chilies.
- Stir in the kidney beans. Bring to a boil, then add meat mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Return to boil, reduce heat, and cover, stirring occasionally.
- Cook for 25 minutes, until rice is easily fluffed with a fork.