Skip to Content
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage (I use hot)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 large onion chopped*
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp parsley
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (6oz) can tomato paste
- 1 (29 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 (8 oz) package regular lasagna noodles; uncooked
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat brown the ground beef, Italian sausage, and onion.
- Add salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, parsley, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, tomato sauce, sugar, and water.
- Stir and simmer 15-20 minutes. (You could make the sauce in advance!)
- Spread a fourth of the meat sauce into the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Arrange a third of the noodles over the sauce (break the noodles to fit, if necessary).
- Combine the mozzarella, cottage cheese, and parmesan cheese; spoon a third of the mixture over noodles.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Top with remaining meat sauce and sprinkle with extra mozzarella cheese, if desired.
- Cover and cook on low for about 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender.
No posts available!