This is one meal my son loves to eat and doesn’t have to be told to eat it. He loves that it has pineapples, brown sugar and barbecue sauce in it. I always serve this meal over rice with homemade cornbread on the side. This meal is really good to eat even at family gatherings.
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 large cans baked beans
- 2 cans pineapple tidbits or chunks, drained
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add ground beef, and onion, fry until ground beef is no longer pink.
- Combine the ground beef mixture with the remaining ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.