Who says you have to give up Mexican food while on the Keto diet? This recipe here shows otherwise. Once you have tried this you will not be disappointed. Soon everyone in your family will be asking you to make this on weekly basis.
Fajita-Stuffed Chicken Breast
This dish is so good you won’t even miss the tortilla! The smoky spices create a flavorful crust on the chicken while the veggies brighten up your meal. For a cheesy twist, sprinkle a half cup of shredded Monterey jack cheese on top of the chicken rolls before baking.
- 2 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 medium white onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Slice each chicken breast completely in half lengthwise into two even pieces. Using a meat tenderizer, pound out the chicken until it’s about 1/4" thick.
- Lay each slice of chicken out and place three slices of onion and four slices of green pepper on end closest to you. Begin rolling the peppers and onions tightly into the chicken. Secure the roll with either toothpicks or a couple of pieces of butcher’s twine.
- Drizzle coconut oil over chicken. Sprinkle each side with chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder. Place each roll into the air fryer basket.
- Adjust the temperature to 350°F and set the timer for 25 minutes.
- Serve warm.
PROTEIN: 19.8 g
FIBER: 1.2 g
NET CARBOHYDRATES: 2.0 g
FAT: 4.9 g
SODIUM: 78 mg
CARBOHYDRATES: 3.2 g
SUGAR: 1.1 g