Skip to Content
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, minced
- 1 cup dry bulgur
- 2 cups chicken stock, low fat, low sodium
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup green peas, cooked
- 12 plum tomatoes, halved and seeded
- 12 fresh mint sprigs, to garnish
- In a heatproof bowl, add the dry bulgur wheat.
- Boil the chicken stock and pour over the bulgur wheat.
- Let stand 30 minutes to 1 hour until all liquid is absorbed.
- Drain off any excess liquid.
- Meanwhile, place raisins in boiling water and let stand 10 minutes.
- Drain and combine with remaining ingredients, except mint sprigs and tomatoes, in a bowl.
- Add the bulgur wheat and mix well.
- Stuff the bulgur wheat mixture into the tomatoes.
- Garnish each tomato with a mint sprig and serve.