Skinny Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo is everything you love about alfredo but without all the fat and calories!
- 2 chicken breasts seasoned with salt & pepper then cooked and cut into bitesized pieces
- 2 cups cooked broccoli
- 8oz glutenfree or regular rotini
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup milk (any kind, I used almond milk)
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt salt & pepper
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, reserving 1/2 cup pasta cooking water before draining. Set aside.
2. Heat extra virgin olive oil in a mediumsized skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until golden brown, about 1 minute. Sprinkle in flour then whisk to incorporate and cook for 1 additional minute.
3. Slowly whisk in chicken broth, then milk. Whisk in Greek yogurt, salt and pepper, then turn the heat down to low and let the mixture simmer until thickened, about 23 minutes. Turn the heat off then stir in parmesan cheese, then chicken. Pour over cooked pasta then add broccoli and stir well. Add a little reserved pasta cooking water if sauce is too thick.