Chicken Parmesan is a popular Italian dish that is usually made with breaded chicken covered in tomato sauce and cheese, served over spaghetti. This recipe cuts not only the carbs from the breading but also the unnecessary sugar that is used in most tomato sauces.
- 6 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts You will need 2
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise, divided I like using Duke's mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 oz grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 oz pork rinds, crushed
- 1 cup pasta sauce I normally use the no-sugar added
- Slice each chicken breast in half lengthwise and pound out to 3/4" thickness. Sprinkle with garlic powder, oregano, and parsley.
- Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise on top of each piece of chicken, then sprinkle 1/4 cup mozzarella on each piece.
- In a small bowl, mix the crushed pork rinds and Parmesan. Sprinkle the mixture on top of the mozzarella.
- Pour sauce into a 6" round baking pan and place chicken on top. Place pan into the air fryer basket.
- Adjust the temperature to 320°F and set the timer for 25 minutes.
- Adjust the temperature to 320°F and set the timer for 25 minutes.6 Cheese will be browned and the internal temperature of the chicken will be at least 165°F when fully cooked.
- Serve warm.
Serve this Chicken Parmesan over spaghetti noodles. Don’t forget to top it with some fresh grated Parmesan!