Snacking takes a whole new meaning with this recipe. You can make this recipe ahead of time and enjoy it any time you want a snack.
Cheesy Chicken Meatballs
- mixing bowl
- measuring cups and spoons
- casrole dish
- 1 onion can substitute onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to your liking
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2.2 lbs ground chicken
- ketchup optional
- Place the onion in your food processor and blitz/pulse until finely chopped
- Add all the other ingredients into your food processor and pulse until completely combined.
- Take a golf ball size of the cheesy chicken meatball mixture, and roll or squeeze into a ball. Place on a lined or oiled baking tray.
- Bake at 180C/350F for 20 minutes (or more depending on your oven). Air fryer instructions are below in the recipe notes.
- Serve as a high-protein low-carb dinner, appetiser, high-protein snack, a BBQ side dish, with salad, or hot with garlic mashed cauliflower.
- The NUMBER of meatballs you make will depend on how large you make each meatball.
- To cook meatballs in the air fryer, oil the air fryer basket, preheat the air fryer to 180C/350F, then place the chicken meatballs into the hot air fryer basket. Cook for 10 minutes, then remove the basket and give it a shake so the meatballs change position. Cook for a further 10 minutes, or until each meatball is completely cooked in the center.