If you are looking for a good side dish that is not only easy to make but it tastes good, then this is that recipe for you. Potatoes can be cooked in many different ways with many different flavors. This recipe calls for garlic and cilantro. If you like your food spicy you can always add your favorite pepper to the dish. Everyone in the family will love this recipe.
Potatoes Saute in Garlic
- 4 large potatoes
- 1/2 cup dried cilantro leaves
- 5-8 large fresh garlic cloves
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- dash of salt
- Slice the potatoes into small cubes of about 3/4 inch with a thickness of about 1/2 inch. Fry them in oil until they are golden/crispy (or alternatively bake them in the oven until they're crispy). Salt them lightly.
- Meanwhile rinse the cilantro leaves then discard the stems, and chop the leaves very finely. Lay the leaves on a paper towel for a few minutes to dry the water from them.
- In a deep frying pan, add the crushed garlic then saute it on medium heat in the 3 tablespoons of olive oil just for a couple of minutes. You want the garlic to stay a bit raw, not fully cooked, or otherwise if you overcook the garlic it looses its flavor
- Add a tiny pinch of salt, then add the chopped cilantro and the lemon juice to the garlic and saute/mix them well for a minute or two.
- Finally add the fried potatoes to the pot, mix it well with the saute and cook it for 3-5 more minutes while stirring, and you're done.
- Serve hot or cold as an appetizer.