I made this recipe a few years ago when my own children were young. I did not have a lot of time to bake a dessert and wanted something that was easy as well as quick to make. This is a non-bake recipe. Which made things better. Most of the ingredients you may already have in your pantry.
I allowed my young children to help with the making of this pie. I allowed them to crush up the snickers bar while I worked on the other part of the pie. Of course, you may need extra snickers in case some get eaten beforehand.
It does take 3 hours for the pie to set.
SNICKERS BAR PIE
- mixing bowl
- measuring cups
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz cool whip, thawed
- 6 snicker bars, chopped, reserve some for top
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, chunky peanut butter, and powdered sugar. Fold in the cool whip followed by the snickers. (Reserve some for the top).
- Spread evenly in graham cracker pie crust and chill for 3 hours.